Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Appearance

This past week, I've been teaching about appearance and is/has. For example, "He is tall and average weight" or "I have short, curly, brown hair." An activity that worked really well was the following:

I found 6 pictures from magazines, clearly showing only 1 person. I gave each picture a number from 1-6. Then you can get the students(alone or in teams) to make or you can give them a sheet of paper with the numbers 1-6 and ABCD/each number. The A=age. B=weight. C=hairstyle/color. D= whatever question you want.

Then, the students need to walk around the class, looking at the pictures and making a sentence for each number/letter. The first one or two teams that are done filling in their entire sheet, with no mistakes is the winner.

Does this make sense? If not, leave me a comment and I'll explain further!

No comments: