Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An easy game

...for the students and you. I use it quite often when doing review. I'll make up a number of sets of cards.

For example, some I used in class today:
A
I feel sad when...
When I'm angry....
Who's your favorite actor?
What was the last movie you saw?

B
...I fail a test
....I hit something
Brad Pitt is some handsome! He's my favorite movie star.
I watched Harry Potter last week.

I make a number or these matching pairs, and write them up on a chart on my computer. Then, I cut them all out. I'll put the students in groups of 4 or 5 and they'll spread the papers out, on their desk facedown. And then it's just a memory game, with the first student picking 2 papers, seeing if they match and going from there. Simple, but fun. And it can work with any level, even with those that can barely read.

No comments: