Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another reader question...where to buy textbooks?

"Do you know where I can purchase the World Link text book along with the teacher's resource guide, workbook and so forth here in Korea?"

In my humble opinion, the ONLY bookstore worth dealing with here in Korea is Whatthebook.  They have a physical store in Itaewon but can order you anything you want from America with cheap (free?) shipping.  

In addition, Kim&Johnson are an ESL teaching resource bookstore (s?)  in Seoul.  I haven't been there in 3 years so can't speak for the quality, but they are quite good from what I remember. Perhaps they have an online ordering thing as well? 

Finally, your local Kyobo bookstore should have a good selection of ESL teaching books.  The one in my little backwater of Cheonan has more than I would have ever thought.  You might luck out and find what you need there. 

No comments: