Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The cutest student email ever

It's Jackie here.  The TOIEC camp that I recently taught was a bit of a mixed bag.  On the one hand, it was tediously boring and very difficult to make interesting for the students.  Toiec listening games with bags of chips and chocolate bars as prizes seemed to be the only thing that kept us all going at the end.  It's usually my policy to not resort to junk food for motivation, but there was no other way in this case.  But, I did like having something so well-defined and specific to teach which was a nice change from what I usually do.

Anyway,  I told the students to email me their test scores, so I could drink a beer in celebration of their great success in the listening section.   And here is the cutest one so far.  (L/C=listening comprehension: the part I taught, R/C=reading, which the Korean teachers taught). 

Hi~  I'm ******. We met in the Toeic Camp. I'm belong to class :D
How are you?

 After end the camp, I'm helping people in Tax Officer. Because,it is practical exercise.

But!

 I can't believe the day is finally here!
Today, be given a test result in camp!
 
Before, June
L/C 205+R/C 180=385
.
.
.

Ta-da!
After, July
L/C 295+R/C 190=485

L/C score is upgrade!
I appreciate your help ! Thank you!

2 comments:

Hazel_Myope said...

I'm really happy for your student but I'm curious why their was only a 10 point improvement in reading? Is that unusual?

Jackie Bolen said...

Yes, they should have seen a lot more improvement in their reading score. But, who knows the specific circumstances. Maybe they were already relatively strong in reading as compared to listening.