Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Google Drive Power-point

You know I'm all about making my teaching life as easy as possible.  That's not to say that I don't spend a ridiculous amount of time doing prep: I do.  But, what I'm saying is that you really shouldn't spend your time doing things you don't really have to.  For example, I use Google Drive to make all my Power-points and then I "share" the folder so that the students can have access to it outside of class.  I have the students follow me on Twitter, so it's really easy to share the link with them that way.  Benefits:

1. Students don't have to print off stuff.
2. I print/copy basically nothing
3. If a student misses class, they can catch up really easily.
4. It's extremely easy to revamp stuff a wee bit if I have to teach the class/book again and save a lot of time on prep (especially in case of epic computer fail or changing schools, etc).


No comments: